December 9, 2014

Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2014

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created bThe Broke and the Bookish.


Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2014
(in no particular order)

For today´s Top Ten I select books for new-to-me-authors that I read in 2014 and that at least has 3 or more published books (not belonging to a series).

David Levithan : I really enjoyed this book, love the writing style.
A.S. King : I don´t know what I was expecting of this book, but definitely not that...is a crazy book (in a good way) about a boy being bullied and how he deals with it.
E. Lockhart : I loved this book.

Garth Nix : I´ve heard great thing about his Abhorsen trilogy, but I didn´t enjoyed Clariel that much...it was okay.
Elizabeth Scott : I hadn´t heard anything about Elizabeth Scott books before I read Hertbeat, but after checking out her list of books there are some that I want to read someday. And I also liked Heartbeat.
Jeri Smith-Ready : I´ve her Shade trilogy sitting on my shelf for a while, but This Side of Salvation was her first book that I read and I enjoyed it..

Morgan Matson : I do not remember which  Top Ten I kept seeing it in almost every list, so I decided to start with this book of Morgan Matson.
Sarah Strohmeyer : I really enjoyed it.
Claire LaZebnik : This is a sweet and cute and a Jane Austin retelling so it was a win-win for me.

Julie James :  This is an adult book that I enjoyed and I´m planning to read more of her books.


What books have you read of new-to-you-authors in 2014?
Leave me your link in the comments.

9 comments:

  1. I still haven't gotten around to his Abhorsen trilogy, but I've read a number of Garth Nix's Keys to the Kingdom books. I wonder how they compare to the Abhorsen world...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read her Lily Graves book yet but I really liked Sarah's book Smart Girls Get What They Want and recommend that one all the time. I'm also looking forward to reading the Abhorsen series because I feel like it's one that everyone talks about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got some great authors on your list! A.S. King is a friend of mine, I'll be seeing her this weekend :) I absolutely ADORE Elizabeth Scott's books! My favorites are Bloom and Stealing Heaven. Jeri is awesome, too. Great list!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I read we were liars. That was a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list of authors here! Morgan Matson also made my list! Loved Since You've Been Gone especially. I also loved We Were Liars and E. Lockhart would have also made my list but there was just too many authors to choose from! I really need to check out David Levithan and A S King!

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh nice! These are all new to me authors too! Seems like some of them write outside my genre, so that's likely why they're new to me! Glad you enjoyed them all!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, I haven't read any of the books or authors on your list, even if a few of them are in my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie James is wonderful! I hope you'll enjoy the rest of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read a single one of these, but the Secret of Lily Graves is on my list!

    ReplyDelete