March 11, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (35): All Time Favorite Books in the Dystopian Genre

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.


Top Ten All Time Favorite Books in the Dystopian and Post-Apocalyptic Genre
(in no particular order)
1. The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1) by Suzanne Collins: Every time I think the word dystopian the book that comes to my mind is The Hunger Games, maybe because it was the first one that I read of this genre of because it leave a mark on me (I don´t know).
2. Legend (Legend #1) by Marie Lu : I really enjoy this book, is a good dystopian novel with a lot of action and a conspiracy theory plot and I loved the dual POV.(My Review)
3. Divergent (Divergent #1) by Veronica Roth : Love the worldbuilding of this book.
4. The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden #1) by Julie Kagawa : The Immortal Rules combines two genres I love, the paranormal and dystopian. (My Review)
5. Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer : A dystopian re-telling of Cinderella with sci-fi elements.


6. Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky #1) by Veronica Rossi : A great book with action, adventure, dystopia and romance.
7. The Program (The Program #1) by Suzanne Young : An unusual plot in a dystopian world... this book is about teen suicide and the things the government do to as a solution to this growing problem. (My Review)
8. Delirium (Delirium #1) by Lauren Oliver : Love is a disease that must be cure, because love  is the origin of all evil. I loved the writing style in this book. (My Review)
9. Pure (Pure #1) by Julianna Baggott : Pure is a dystopian novel about the dark days after the end of the world and the survival of those that are left behind. (My Review)
10. Ashfall (Ashfall #1) by Mike Mullin : A super volcano erupted that ends the civilization of the cities around it; this book is about the struggle of a teenage boy trying to survive and find his family that at the time of the eruption were visiting relatives in another state. 
I loved this quote from Will Durant : "Civilization exists by geological consent, subject to change without notice."  (My Review)


What´s your all time favorite dystopian and post-apocalyptic books?
Leave me your link in the comments.

10 comments:

  1. Great list! I especially love 1-3 and 5. The Hunger Games was my first dystopian too! Thanks for stopping by our Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously great picks. We have a few of the same and a couple that are on my TBR.
    Here's my list
    http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca/2014/03/top-ten-tuesday-my-all-time-favorite.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE dystopians! Divergent is one of my favorite series right now (cannot wait for the movie). I'm reading the Cinder series right now and love it, too. I have most of these series on my TBR list, and I cannot wait to get into them! Great list. New follower, hi! :]

    Tiffany
    Beneath the Jacket Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice choices! I really can't argue with any of these :) Some of them are still sitting on my TBR list, but I'll get around to them one day. Along with my other 200-some books that I need to get around to reading!

    Andrea @ Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great list! I am a big fan especially of Hunger Games and The Immortal Rules.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashfall is definitely my favorite that you have listed here but I loved Pure too. Thank you for stopping by my TTT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Under the Never Sky, Divergent, Hunger Games, Legend! I love those books. Under the Never Sky is my favorite, I think. Immortal Rules is up soon, so hopefully that can be added to this list! As well as Pure and Cinder! I have read The Program, and I liked it but didn't love it. Looking forward to The Treatment!

    ReplyDelete